July 21, 2021 - We are thrilled to announce that this fall, Volition and Valhalla Angels are joining forces as presenting partners for the Valhalla Investment Summit BC. Together, we are working towards improving access to capital for early-stage tech companies across BC.
The Valhalla Investment Summit is a 7-week immersive program that provides a hands-on, approachable way to grow the pool of investors while raising $100,000 for at least one local tech startup.
“The Summit allows us to work with new and seasoned investors across BC in a peer-to-peer environment, while companies go through their pre-seed or seed round. For some of the Founders, this is their first time raising capital and this experience becomes very valuable for future rounds”. - Camille Hunt, Chapter President - Vancouver, Valhalla Angels
Who participates in the summit?
- Innovative BC-based companies that are raising capital to fuel their growth!
- New and seasoned Canadian investors who want to invest in BC startups and build best practices in a peer-to-peer space while gaining hands-on experience.
How does it work?
- 20+ investors invest a minimum of $5,500 each, for a total pool of funds of ~$100,000.
- Investors and selected founders attend training, work together to negotiate terms and complete due diligence.
- On November 4th, we’ll all come together for a main event to celebrate BC startups, share knowledge, cheer on the Top 5 finalists, and announce the company to be awarded investment.
“We are excited to be a part of this program, which centres peer-to-peer learning and provides an opportunity for people who are new to and/or curious about investing to gain knowledge and invest in their local startup ecosystem.This is our first ever Investment Summit that we’ve participated in, and look forward to working with Valhalla and learning alongside the community!” - Melanie Ewan, Managing Partner, Volition
- September 20 & 22: Angel 101
- September 22: Startup Applications Close
- September 30: Investor Recruitment Closes
- October 2 & 3: Founder Basecamp
- October 6 & 7: Top 20 Startup Showcase
- November 4: Investment Summit
Applications are currently open for startups and investors.
To learn more about the Summit and to apply, please visit https://valhallaangels.com/investment-summit-bc.
Valhalla Angels is a community of entrepreneurs, leaders and innovators turned investors and one of Canada's most active angel investment groups since 2003. With chapters 6 Chapters across Western Canada (Calgary, Edmonton, Kelowna, Vancouver, Regina and Saskatoon), our membership brings a diverse group of investors together, from a variety of backgrounds and experiences who are looking to diversify their investment portfolio while supporting the startup ecosystem.
Valhalla Angels actively works with community partners to introduce investors to the local innovation ecosystems across the globe, unleashing capital to help them grow and succeed. Valhalla serves both investors and entrepreneurs providing knowledge-building programs, excellent networking opportunities, growth capital and M&A services.
Volition’s vision is to build capacity, connectivity, and knowledge within global startup ecosystems through co-creating and delivering value alongside trusted partners. They believe that startup ecosystems are made stronger and more sustainable when ecosystem actors find meaningful and creative ways to collaborate.
Volition has hosted over 100 Pitch Events globally, with 6000+ audience members and over 700 startups. Volition works hard to promote and commend the next wave of entrepreneurs and innovators. Their goal is to provide ample opportunities for entrepreneurs to showcase their talent and ideas in front of an engaged audience.