Valhalla Founder Basecamp
What is Valhalla Founder Basecamp?
Valhalla Founder BaseCamp is a two-day, exclusive interactive investment seminar + pitch night for founders.
Valhalla Founder BaseCamp has been delivered to over 1000 founders worldwide in more than 15 countries across North America, Asia, Latin America, and the Caribbean.
An experienced investor/founder from the Valhalla Private Capital team will walk founders through the ins and outs of raising capital while providing insight from the investor perspective about how to effectively pitch business opportunities.
Valhalla BaseCamp is for founders’ building and growing their business, actively seeking capital or considering it in the near future.
Upcoming Founder Basecamp Events
Kelowna, BC - Feb 21-22
Valhalla Pitch Night
Stay Tuned For Future Events
Basecamp Partner & Sponsors
It's More than Just Pitching Your Business to Investors
OVER TWO DAYS FOUNDERS WILL:
- Identify what kind of founder they are
- Learn what investors are looking for when investing into a company and what they need to pique interest
- Understand and articulate key aspects of their business through their business model and scalability of the business
- Discuss types of deals and how to structure a mutually beneficially deal
- Build out a pitch deck and practice how to ask for capital.
THE 6 COMPONENTS INVESTORS LOOK FOR ARE:
- The problem being solved
- Customer profile and market opportunity
- Competitive analysis
- How is the business protected?
- The team
- Valuation and deal structure
Receive Valuable Insight and Feedback from the Angel Investor Perspective!
LEARN ABOUT DEAL STRUCTURES AND DEAL MODELS
HOW TO VALUE YOUR COMPANY AND STRUCTURE A DEAL FOR ANGEL INVESTORS
LEARN HOW TO GET CASH FROM INVESTORS
Founders Will Get Exclusive Opportunities To:
- Talk directly with real angel investors about what they look for in an investment, and learn how each investor is different
- Form connections with influencers and active investors in the community
- Create an Investor Deck and present to angel investors
- Apply what you learned about raising capital and pitch your company to investors for feedback
To conclude the weekend, founders will have the opportunity to pitch to a distinguished panel of investors and community influencers and receive feedback.
- Welcome & Introductions Quick Pitch Introductions – Group
- Should You Really Do This?
- What Do Your Customers Think?
- Building Teams
- The Prototype Stage
- Checking Back With Your Customers
- Building a Business on 3 Lines
- The Business Model
- Building Teams
- Think Like An Investor
- “The Six Points”
- Building a Cap Table and A Share Structure
- Creating an Investor Package
- Valuations and Deal Structures
- Understanding Exits and Investor Math
Note: may not be delivered in this order
Day 3: Pub and Pitch Night
This is your opportunity to put what you learned into action in front of a room full of investors and get valuable feedback.
"The Valhalla BaseCamp provides invaluable information from seasoned entrepreneurs who have become investors. They provide an investor lens to help us formulate a killer pitch; and stats-driven feedback to manage our own expectations around fundraising and dilution. I recommend this to any start-up at any stage of their journey, and wish I'd taken this a year ago."
—Melanie McClare, P.Eng, MBA & CEO Swirltex
BaseCamp was an amazing investment for me to make as I was right in the middle of raising our first seed round. With all the guidance from the Valhalla Team I can say with confidence he helped me retain more equity in my company while we were raising capital with a deal structure that made everyone happy.
— Derek Rucki, Founder of TLink Golf Inc.
BaseCamp was one of the most valuable things I did for my startup. In two days I learnt more than I did in the last two years of my degree. I was able to apply what I learnt immediately and felt more comfortable claiming value on what I had built.
— Mandy Balak, Founder & CEO of It’s Date Night & BRANDED
"If you're pursuing entrepreneurship, you already know how many hats you have to wear. Moreover, sometimes you don't know that you don't know something. In my case, I had no knowledge of how raising money worked and frankly was terribly unprepared for my upcoming pitch. I learned that if you're a boring and shitty person, that's a no-go off the bat. So I got to harness and leverage my story to drive passion into my business, while learning how to evaluate my company. Equity is valuable now and I only want people joining the team who see the vision. Don't underestimate the value of a 48 hour course. Basecamp is epic."
— George Visan, Founder of Sprout
"BaseCamp made a significant difference in how I communicate about my company to investors. Previous to taking the program, I was stuck in the weeds around what the business value of the technology that I had developed.
Thanks to the Valhalla Team and the amazing group of companies that were assembled, I was able to hone my message and get clear, critical feedback on what my company’s value is."
— Gena Rotstein, Founder & CEO of Dexterity Ventures Inc. & Place2Give