Valhalla Entrepreneur Basecamp
What is Valhalla Entrepreneur Basecamp?
BaseCamp is an exclusive investment seminar for startups. At BaseCamp, seasoned investors/entrepreneurs from Valhalla Private Capital, will provide insight from an investor’s perspective about how to effectively pitch business ideas to investors. A number of other investors also attend sharing their expertise with the group. This program helps entrepreneurs polish their business ideas and become better prepared to present at an investor Forum or pitch.
Upcoming Entrepreneur Basecamp Events
Valhalla Entprepreneur Basecamp Vancouver
April 13-15, 2019
Vancouver Pitch Night
April 15, 2019
SAVE THE DATE!
It's More than Just Pitching Your Business to Investors
YOU NEED TO KNOW HOW TO:
- raise capital including equity, debt, contest and revenue
- maximize the value of your capital round and minimize risk
- target and secure the right investors
- close funding a round
- structure a pitch and a deal that is attractive to investors.
BASECAMP CAN HELP
As an entrepreneur, during Basecamp you will learn how to understand investor needs, to identify key investor pitch criteria, to create an effective deal structure and to differentiate their business from others in the eyes of potential investors. Seasoned investors/entrepreneurs from Valhalla Private Capital lend their advice about financial modeling, deal structuring and how to select teams and growth strategies. Finally, there will be an opportunity to practice pitching by rehearsing a mock presentation.
Receive Valuable Insight and Feedback from the Angel Investor Perspective!
LEARN ABOUT DEAL STRUCTURES AND DEAL MODELS
HOW TO VALUE YOUR COMPANY AND STRUCTURE A DEAL FOR ANGEL INVESTORS
LEARN HOW TO GET CASH FROM INVESTORS
Founders Will Get Exclusive Opportunities
- Talk directly with investors about what they look for (including local Angel & VC guest speakers)
- Form connections with influencers and active investors in the Western Canada investment community (Typically, access to these investors can cost up to $1,000!)
- Learn how to create a product plan, discuss sales & marketing, and determine how to value your company and sell shares – all from real angel investors, not consultants
- Create an Investor Deck and present to angel investors
To conclude the weekend, founders will have the opportunity to pitch to a distinguished panel of investors and community influencers and receive feedback.
Day 1: 9 PM to 5 PM
- Welcome & Introductions Quick Pitch Introductions – Group
- Should You Really Do This?
- What Do Your Customers Think?
- Building Teams
- The Prototype Stage
- Checking Back With Your Customers
- Building a Business on 3 Lines
- The Business Model
- Building Teams
Day 2: 9 PM to 5 PM
- Think Like An Investor
- “The Six Points”
- Building a Cap Table and A Share Structure
- Creating an Investor Package
- Valuations and Deal Structures
- Understanding Exits and Investor Math
Day 3: Pub and Pitch Night
This is your opportunity to put what you learned into action in front of a room full of investors and get valuable feedback.
BaseCamp made a significant difference in how I communicate about my company to investors. Previous to taking the program, I was stuck in the weeds around what the business value of the technology that I had developed.
Thanks to Randy and the amazing group of companies that were assembled, I was able to hone my message and get clear, critical feedback on what my company’s value is.
— Gena Rotstein, Founder & CEO of Dexterity Ventures Inc. & Place2Give
BaseCamp was an amazing investment for me to make as I was right in the middle of raising our first seed round. With all the guidance from Randy I can say with confidence he helped me retain more equity in my company while we were raising capital with a deal structure that made everyone happy.
— Derek Rucki, Founder of TLink Golf Inc.
BaseCamp was one of the most valuable things I did for my startup. In two days I learnt more than I did in the last two years of my degree. I was able to apply what I learnt immediately and felt more comfortable claiming value on what I had built.
— Mandy Balak, Founder & CEO of It’s Date Night & BRANDED