2019 Start Alberta Tech Awards Winners
The 2nd annual Start Alberta Tech Awards was held in Edmonton during Startup week. The event gave us the opportunity to recognize both individuals and organizations for their contributions to Alberta’s innovation ecosystem and those making a significant impact on the province’s tech sector.
We wish to congratulate all the nominees and award recipients. We would especially like to congratulate two members of the Valhalla family. Derrick Hunter, long time Valhalla Angels member for being named Tech Investor of the Year and portfolio company, G2V who received the fast growth award for under $5M.
- The Most Promising Startup Entrepreneur of the Year presented by Startup Calgary & Startup Edmonton: Anthea Sargeaunt, CEO at 2S Water
- Most Significant Cross-Community Collaboration of the Year: Mehadi Sayed, Clinisys and John Murphy, Stream Technologies
- Fast Growth Award (Under $5M) presented by BDC: G2V Optics
- Fast Growth Award (Over $5M) presented by BDC: Jobber
- Ecosystem Supporter of the Year presented by Bennett Jones: Rainforest Alberta
- Rod Charko Service Award presented by VCAA: Dr. Ray Muzyka
- A100 One to Watch presented by the A100: Mikata Health
- Tech Investor of the Year presented by Alberta Enterprise Corporation: Derrick Hunter, Bluesky Equities
- Tech Deal of the Year: Attabotics
- Most Significant Tech Transaction of the Year presented by PwC Canada: Solium
Photos: Startup Alberta